: Your data belongs to you. We do not collect or use any of the data you enter in the app for anything other than app functionality, nor is it ever shared with a third party.
- Your data belongs to you - everything you enter in the app can be exported to a CSV file for you to use however you like.
- Data you enter in the app is never transmitted or shared without your consent.
- If you choose to sign in (optional) your data will be backed up securely and privately in a Firebase Cloud database.
- If you save an image of a chart or export a CSV file you may share that if you want, we just don't do that for you.
- If you report a bug (thanks!) or suggest a feature with the "Send Feedback" option your message is sent to us, along with some basic information (which version of the app you have, what version of Android or iOS you use, and what language and country your device is in).
- If you haven't signed in, your data is stored on your device in a private database, using the Android/iOS system protections to prevent other apps from accessing it.
- If you have enabled Android backup or iCloud, this database will be backed up to the location you have selected (often Google Drive on Android) along with all your other apps.
- If you are not using the built-in cloud backup, it is your responsibility to ensure that your data is backed up somewhere. We provide a convenient CSV export feature to help with this.
- We show a couple of banner ads using Google AdMob to keep the app free (the paid version does not include any ads).
- The banner ad infrastructure may collect basic personalization data depending on your selection (next section). This includes things like your IP address and advertising ID, but never any of the data you have entered in the app.
- In the iOS version of the app, you will be asked permission to use your advertising ID for these ads when you first install the app with some overly-sinister verbiage about tracking. The only "tracking" going on is that AdMob will know you were shown an ad and will know if you clicked on it.
- If you buy the ad-free version, this infrastructure is completely disabled.
- You have the option of selecting personalized or generic ads (Version 6.0 or newer for Android).
- What does this mean? Jane Smith has an Android phone and uses her Google account to log in to the Play Store and download this app. To show personalized ads we would ask AdMob "send us a banner ad for the current user (Jane Smith)" and AdMob would use whatever information Google has about Jane Smith to send an ad. For a generic ad we would ask AdMob "send a generic banner ad".
- There are ads either way, and they will likely be more relevant to you if you choose the personalized option.
To support continuous improvement of the app we use Firebase Analytics to collect basic anonymous usage and crash data about the app. If you would like to disable this, you may do so in the app's privacy settings (Version 6.0 or newer for Android)
- The data you enter in the app is never used to determine which ads to show or passed on to advertisers, Google, or anyone else.